Tuesday 20 October 2009

Happy Bunny

Finished reading 'The Death of Bunny Munro' by Nick Cave. It didn't get a very good review on newsnight review. They thought it was too misogynistic. I think they missed the point a bit. The way that his son adored him when he was so awful made it more tragic. I thought it was a good story and quite sad.

I did wonder what Avril Lavine might think about it though. He does make some pretty lewd comments about her. He exonerates himself in the acknowledgements at the end though which amused me.

I had a go at some flash ficition and sent it off to Myslexia. It is quite hard to write a whole story in 150 words. It was an interesting thing to do though.

I have also got a short story on the bbc short story competition website at www.bbc.co.uk/mystory/stories/humour/149290. It is called 'the eggstraordinary find'. I'm glad they put mine on, one person likes it too so that makes me a happy bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment