Thursday 8 October 2009

Autumn

Autumn is definately here. There is a chill in the air and the world has changed coloured. I have done quite well this week. I have finished a short stories 'new start' and tidied it up, and I sent off a poem 'Rapunzel' to a competition.

I have written a few really daft stories, I have taken a few silly things about people and exagerated them into short stories. It is great to mess about with fake peoples lives, I've enjoyed having that power this week! I thought I'd just write some things that were short with a twist, the kind of thing you get in magazines and then send them off and see what happens. There isn't a pressure to be high brow then, although it can be harder than you think to write a good 1000 word short story. There's more to it than I thought. Its been fun though and I've got lots of new ideas this week to get going with.

No comments:

Post a Comment