Monday 7 June 2010

Rest

It is starting to feel summery (ok so this is Tatton Park but lets pretend it is sunny Stockport). I was feeling bad because I haven't been writing a great deal, I've been reading and thinking instead. The last short story I wrote I wasn't very happy with but I think on reflection all I needed was to change one of the characters and it might save it. I feel interested in it again now, I think it just needed to rest on the hard drive for a while, it is ready to be woken up again.

Anyway as the flowers have started to bloom and the sun to shine I have taken up the pen again and started to write some things down. I have had a few more ideas lately and once you start writing them down you just seem to get more and more. I think it is about opening your mind up and seeing the world again. When I'm painting I start to look at things and see colours and shapes there. Writing is simular, once you are doing it you see things that would have passed you by before. Hopefully I will get a few more stories finished, I've got some new ideas anyway which is always exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment